NOTE: These cans are sold in raw finish as pictured and not black.
– Mounts Using OEM Hole Locations
-Will work with Windshield Washer Bottle and Fog Lights
– 100% Developed,Designed and Constructed in House
– Standard Hose is black rubber PushLoc hose with AN Pushloc Fittings, Upgrade for Aeroquip Braided Hose and Reusable Swivel Fittings.
– 10AN Hose off front of valve cover includes -10 AN Adapter to replace stock oem screw check valve on both Plastic and Aluminum valve covers.
– 10AN side valve cover hose includes Press In Fitting for aluminum valve covers. (Plastic covers do not require this special fitting)
– Recommended for OFF ROAD USE ONLY
Why you want one:
-Provides Proper Crankcase Ventilation.
-Protects Seals and Gaskets from Leakin
-Proven Power gains from relieving pressure
-Genuine Aeroquip Starlite® Race Hose with High Quality re-usable Swivel Fittings
-Remote location reduces engine bay clutter
-100% Made in the USA
-Light Weight Aluminum Construction
Q: Why Do I need a Catch Can? What does it Really Do?
A: All motors suffer from “piston blow-by” during a combustion event in the cylinder. Forced Induction (turbo, supercharger,etc) see a very tremendous amount of blow by due to the fact you are creating a positive charge entering the cylinder and in turn making a bigger “boom”. While Naturally Aspirated motors can see gains from a proper ventilation system, forced inductions cars will see an extreme gain comparatively. Crank case pressure on the oem system can be as high as 7psi at fullboost with the OEM system. With this system it is nearly zero (less than 0.3 psi).
Q: What am I actually gaining from venting the crankcase with the catch can?
A: Positive pressure in the crankcase creates pressure on your pistons as they are coming down. You will notice in the charts below that spool and low end (even in a stock turbo situation) was improved. The main reason for purchasing this kit is not HP gains, that is the bonus. What you can expect from this kit and venting the engine properly is improved oil longevity, seals/gaskets will last longer, reduced oil accumulation in intercoolers and intake piping, improved turbo life from the compressor not being coated with oil by an OEM vent recirculation system.